Debt is not a dirty word! It can actually help you - if it's the right kind of debt.
On one hand, there is good debt where you borrow to invest and your investment grows in value or earns money. Good debt actually works for you. On the other hand there is bad debt where you borrow for a car, boat or use a credit card to buy items that depreciate in value and don't earn you any money. You lose twice here - the capital value and the interest you've paid.
That's why before you start accumulating assets, it's important to check what you owe - how much, in what form and at what interest rate. Then you can see whether you can arrange your debt more efficiently.
It is important to note that even if it is a good type of debt it may not be appropriate for all clients.
How we can help
- Review and analyse your current spending patterns.
- Review your financial commitments and debts.
- Identify your opportunities to save money.
- Construct a budget with you.
- Help you consolidate your debt effectively.
- Recommend savings or investment products to achieve your goals.
- Review, recommend and arrange appropriate insurance.
Do you know what features you have with your home loan?
For more information on debt management strategies, contact us to arrange a free initial interview.